Tuesday 14 February 2012

Having a play...

I think it's partly a reaction to finishing a big quilt, but I've found myself mucking about with small bits of fabric recently, trying a few new ideas and styles in small items.  It helps that I've had my own screen-printed fabrics to play with, plus my new year fabric binge, that has been waiting patiently for my attention!

Here's what I've been up to:

A few zippy's:

This one uses a fussy cut clock from Melody Millers Ruby Star Shining range - which I love.  Mum loved it too, so she bought it! (am I mean to "sell" things to my own Mum?!)  I had a play with adding a few teeny bits of leather, a little tab, and as a zipper pull.

Then, I got brave and cut into one of my screen-printed designs.  This zippy uses a panel that I printed on calico, a little Echo and a piece of suede, which I've stitched over in a random design.


 Spurred on, I cut into another yellow panel and a red leather scrap and attempted to make an iPad holder.  I say "attempted" because in my desire to make it a snug fit, I forgot about the fact that zipper tabs at the ends would shorten the zip length and therefore make it impossible for me to get an iPad in it - doh!


And finally, I made Felix a little skirt, using a charity shop sourced M&S vest top which I've recycled and appliqued with, yes you've guessed it, another of my screen-printed scraps!

I am planning to do a tutorial for a similar style of skirt for Sarah's "Sew: Get started" series of simple sewing tutorials on 22nd March, so if you have a little person who would look cute in one of these, then look out for that!
x

15 comments:

  1. I love your zippered pouches! I have a pouch fetish lol
    I will look forward to your tutorial on the skirt! So cute! I have a 2 year grand daughter that would look adorable in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh havent you been getting all arty!! Your pouches are fabulous, and oh boy I love the ipad cover... how much? I dont have an ipod so the lack if fit dont matter... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fabulous and so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't pick a favourite out of all those makes. Though Pow! Makes me grin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your pouches C! Such a cool style you've got there! They'll be snapped up in no time! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The echo pouch has my heart beating faster !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all those pouches and that little skirt is just so cute. Will look forward to your tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love those pouches, especially the POW Ipad one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pouches are gorgeous girly! I love your style :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pouches, and cute wee skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pouches, particularly the Echo/screen printed one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh, love all your little pouches

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ceri! Love the pouches - shame your mum beat me to the first one! We also loved the bonkers quilt! Jodie and Duncan x

    ReplyDelete